Strange Brew 2019 Is This Saturday — Preview
The summer beer festival season kicks of this Saturday with Strange Brew. Join 18 breweries, May 18 from 3 PM to 7PM in the parking lot behind The Brewer’s Cabinet (475 S Arlington Ave, Reno) for something weird.
As described by the organizers, “This is a celebration of uniquely crafted brews from local breweries. Expect the unexpected! Most of the offerings from our local breweries will only be available at this festival. We’re talking about uncommon beer, in many cases specially crafted for this event. These brews will challenge your taste buds, your ideas of beers, and your sensibilities. A truly different kind of brew festival for the beer geek in all of us!”
Below is the list of brewers and their beers you’ll see this weekend:
- Green Tea Mochi Beer
- Mac & Cheese Habanero
- Earl Grey Lavender Cream Ale
- Pickle Rick American Wheat
- Streak & Onion Kolsch
- Mariachi Madness – A Mango Jalapeno Salsa
- Dust Tea – Caffeinated IPA
- Oat-dittely-oatly….Made with 100% Oats, fresh Nicaraguan and Dominican Cacao Nibs and toasted coconut. It is like you are drinking chocolate milk with cookie dough!
- Spicy Chili Mango Gose
- Mimosa Brut IPA aged on Champagne oak Chips
- Pilsner Colada
- All is Not Lost ( – Bourbon Barrel Aged Porter with Cacao Nibs and Chipotle Peppers. 8.75%abv
- The Body, The Blood, The Terpene (Hays Series: Impact Test IPA) A hazy IPA with Altar Bread, Grape Must and terpenes. 6.5% ABV
- “Oatis Redding” – Oatmeal Cookie Red Ale.
- Candy Schwarzbier
- Sourdough Special
- Gumbo Gose
- 16 Penny Beer
- Bananas Foster Barleywine
- Peanut Butter Pickle Pils
- Pie Alamode
- Kumquat Creamcycle
- Hot Tamale Lager
- Smoked Carrot Stout
- Defies to be a Lager Triple IPL
- Copioulessness – Barrel Aged Sour
- Sakura Haze – Cherry Blossom
- Tike Series – 3 Different styles of Tiki drink beers!
- Coco Taco Porter
- Sherbert Herbert Sour Ale
- Spicey Meatball
- Garlic Bread
- Jolly Rancher Sour
- Habenero Imperial Brown
- Mango Creamsicle IPA
- Wit TF
- Spruce and Juice Saison
- All Apologies
- PBNJ Imperial Stout
- Smoked Swedish Fish
- Busted Piñata
- Double Jasmine Lager
Music and silent disco by Headphone Mafia.
No food served inside the event this year so eat before you come, grab a bite at the BC pub or wear your best pretzel necklace.
This event typically sells out so buying your tickets in advance is always a good idea. You can purchase tickets at the taproom on Arlington.
Click on photo to see a larger version.
Photos courtesy of The Thirsty Nevadan.