Strange Brew 2018 Is This Saturday — Line-up and Details
The summer beer festival season kicks of this Saturday with Strange Brew. Join over 20 breweries, May 19 from 3 PM to 7PM in the parking lot behind The Brewer’s Cabinet (475 S Arlington Ave, Reno).
As described by the organizers, “This is a celebration of uniquely crafted brews from local breweries. Expect the unexpected! Most of the offerings from our local breweries will only be available at this festival. We’re talking about uncommon beer, in many cases specially crafted for this event. These brews will challenge your taste buds, your ideas of beers, and your sensibilities. Strange Brew will be complemented with live music from Uncle Funkle. A truly different kind of brew festival for the beer geek in all of us!”
Below is the list of brewers and their beers you’ll see this weekend:
The Brewer’s Cabinet
- Chili Vanilli – Sour Tai Chili Vanilla Carrot Juice
- Mayo Beer
- Gazpacho “cold soup” Ale
Great Basin Co.
- S’mores beer
- Apple Piebock
- Tequila, cilantro, lime, chili thang
- Sweet and sour thang
- Mole brown porter with cocoa nibs and Ancho chilles
- Bananas Foster saison with bananas, lactose, and vanilla
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- High Tea IPA – Made with Calendula (Marigolds), Dandelions, Chamomile, Hibiscus and Earl grey tea aged in red wine barrels. All accentuated floral and fruity hop
- Fireball Cinnamon Apple Ale
- Spicy Tomato Clam & Oyster Lager
- Raspberry Marshmallow White Choc Stout
- Tide Pod Beer
- Hopocalypse Hazy Double IPA withTamarind, Orange peel, Vanilla, Lactose sugar and a touch of Tajin salt.
- Gin barrel aged Flyway Pilsner with botanicals
- Cherry Jerry Tart -Red Ale aged in bourbon barrels for 7 months with sweet cherries.
- The Caucasian
- White Russian.
- Jimica Blonde
- Glitter Beer
- Coconut Lime Milkshake IPA
- Mojotio Blonde Thai Tea Wheat
- Monkey Punch: Hefeweizen Bonanza Brown Ale blend w/caramelized bananas.
- Candy Fade: Gypsy Fade IPA w/plums, peppercorns and candies grapefruit peel.
Alibi Ale Works
- Carrot Cake Beer
- Marshmallow Lager
- Green Tea Mochi Beer
Under The Rose
- Peanut Butter and Nanner Sandwich
- SPPPCPSPS – Sumac, Pink Peppercorn, Pequin Chile, Purple Sweet Potato Sour.
- Cereal Milk Stout
- Roots Beer (carrot/beet Kvass Blend w/ berliner Weisse
- Lemon and Mint Saison
- BlackBerry Sriracha Wheat
Sudwerk Brew Co
- 3 Best Fiends Chocolate, Vanilla and Coffee Dunkel
- Funke Farm House Sour Saison
- Apricot Sour Drop
- Stone Cali-Belgique aged in White Wine Barrels (Belgian Style IPA)
- Stone Stochasticity Project HiFi+LoFi Mixtape (Strong Ale)
- Bourbon Le Tonique (Juniper Lime Saison in Bourbon Barrels)
- Carrot Cake Brown
- Chili Mango Kolsch
- Peanut Butter Mallow Eclipse Stout
- Junior Mint Stout
- Watermelon Jolly Rancher
- Lemon Head Sour IPA
- Mounds Bar Porter
- Habanero Pineapple Milkshake IPA
- Pina Colada Pineapple Passion
- Smores Stout w/ Peanut Butter
This event typically sells out so buying your tickets in advance is always a good idea. You can purchase tickets HERE as well at at the taproom on Arlington.
And, if you are looking to pre-game, meet the Strange Brew brewers at a reception on Friday May 18th, from 6-9PM at the Brewer’s Cabinet Taproom.
Click on photo to see a larger version.
Most beer descriptions provided by the brewery.
Photos courtesy of The Thirsty Nevadan.